Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Happy April Fool's Day! Don't let anyone fool ya :). Tyler made me promise not to play any jokes on him haha...So I'm being nice this year!
What did you all have for Easter Dinner?! Since it was just Tyler and I...I didn't want to cook a big ham, so thought we try something different. I found this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu on Pinterest. I was a little nervous, but it turned out AMAZING!!! It was soooo good! :) And Tyler LOVED it!
Give it a try!

This is how they turned out! Delicious! Don't they look yummy?!


It calls for Swiss Cheese, but I used shredded Mozzarella and Deli Ham. Put the cheese on the ham and roll it up.


Cut a slice (lengthwise) in the chicken breast, don't cut all way the through. And stuff it with 2 ham rolls. And seal the breast with a toothpick. Refridgerate for 20 minutes. Get everything else ready while it refridgerates! Multi-tasking ;)

I got to use my Food Processor for the first time ever! I loved it! To chop up the bread slices and Ritz crackers. Drizzle in the butter and spread them in a pan.
 


You will cook this for 3-5 minutes
 
 
Get the flour, beaten egg with mustard and crumbs ready for the chicken breasts. Then dip the chicken into the flour, egg, then crumbs and place in baking dish! Bake 25-30 mintues.
 

Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe: The Recipe makes 4 breasts. Total Time: 1 hr.
*25 Ritz Crackers
*4 Slices Bread
*6 Tablespoons Butter
*8 Slices Deli Ham
*2 C. Shredded Mozzarella or Swiss Cheese
*4 chicken Breasts
*Salt and Pepper
*3 Eggs
*2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
*1 Cup Flour
 
1-Preheat oven to 450
2-Cut a slice, lengthwise, into chicken breasts...don't cut all the way through. Place shredded cheese in middle of a piece of ham and roll up. Stuff each breasts with 2 ham roll ups.Seal closed with toothpicks. Season with Salt and Pepper. Refridgerate for 20 mintues.
3-Pulse bread and crackers in food processor until ground. Drizzle in melted butter. Transfer crumbs to a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Stir occasionally till lightly brown.
4-In a dish beat eggs and dijon mustard. In a separate bowl pour in flour.
5-Dip chicken into flour, then egg mixture, then crumbs and place chicken in baking dish. Bake on lowest rack for 10 mintues. Lower oven to 400 and move chicken to middle rack and cook an additional 25-30 minutes.
 
I served this with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Crescent rolls! A very yummy meal! Enjoy :)
 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment