Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Garlic Cheesy Bread

Good Morning!

My hubby and I love Garlic Cheesy bread! So of course I just had to find a homemade recipe for this!

I found this on Pinterest and it is absolutely delicious! It was so good and SO filling that its all we had for supper last night! We didn't have any room left for Spaghetti!

I made my bread dough in my bread maker, but if you don't have a maker I will give the recipe for the Bread Dough and also the Garlic Herb Butter! Mmmm!

BREAD DOUGH:
*1 C. Warm Water
*1 Tablespoon Honey
*1 Enveolpe Active Dry Yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
*1 Teaspoon Salt
*3 Cups Bread Flour
*Olive Oil

GARLIC CHEESY BREAD:
*1/3 lbs. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
*1/2 Cups Garlic Herb Butter

In a large bowl, stir water, honey and yeast together. Let yeast dissolve for 5 min.

Stir in Salt, and the Flour. Once dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl let set for 5min.

Knead dough for 10 min. Grease the bowl and the dough, cover with a kitchen towl and let rise for 1 hr. or until doubled in size

Punch down dough and cut into 2 equal  portions (this makes 2 bread loafs).
Form 2 long baquettes the length of the cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise an 1 hr. in a warm place.

Preheat oven to 350 and bake dough for 20 mintues. Remove and brush on the melted garlic butter.

Bake another 5-7 mintues. Remove and cut 1 in. slices in bread, but don't cut all the way through. Brush with more garlic butter make sure to get it into the slices and put a slice of cheese in each cut.

Bake another 5 mintues.

Serve Warm!

I found this recipe here : http://www.laurenslatest.com/hasselback-garlic-cheesy-bread/

GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
*4 tablespoons butter
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*1 teaspoon parsley
*1 1/2 tablspoon basil
*1 tablesoon oregano
Put everything in a microwavable bowl and melt.

i found this one at food.com

Enjoy! Its a delicious appetizer, but VERY filling!!

Mmmmm the final product! Look at that yummy melted cheese!


Letting the dough rise on the stove

All the ingredients for the garlic herb butter


After cutting the slices and brushing with garlic butter!

4 comments:

  1. It looks really good! The bread dough that you made in your bread machine...did it also have honey in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! No, I used the Dough Recipe that was in the Recipe book that came with the Bread Machine :)

      Delete
  2. Yum....I can't wait to try this krystina. Dylan and i love garlic bread to. Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! :) This is sooo yummy!! Let me know what you think! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete