Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Deer Steak & Gravy

hey!

Do you have a hunter in the family? I am married to a Hunter...in fact...his WHOLE family are hunters! So..of course!...I have to learn to cook Deer, Pheasant, etc.

I'll let him do the hunting....and I'll stick to cooking :)

While we were back home visiting, my mother-in-law cooked Deersteak and Gravy with Mashed Potatoes and my hubby said this is like his all-time favorite meal! I got the recipe from her and from Grandma and IT IS DEEEELICIOUS!

If you have some Deer Meat laying around give this a try!! :)...

Someday, Tyler wants me to try this recipe with Chicken instead of Deer....so if you have some chicken breasts substitute it in and see how it is!


DEERSTEAK & GRAVY:

*1 or 2 lbs of Deer Steak
*1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
*1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
*1 to 2 Cans of Water
*1 C. of Flour
*Vegetable oil
*Season Salt and Pepper

1-Pound the deer steak to make it tender
2-Cover deer with flour.
3- In a large pot heat up some vegetable oil
4-Place Deer in pot and season well with season salt and pepper
5-Brown meat on both sides...cook till done
6-Remove meat and place into a baking dish
7-In the same pot, add soup, and about 1 1/2 Cups Water (Add more water or less depending on how thick you would like the gravy). Bring to a boil.
8-Pour Gravy over deer in baking dish.
9-Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The longer you leave it in the more tender it gets.

Serve over Mashed Potatoes! yummm!!

Pound it down


Cover both sides with flour

Place in pot with vegetable oil
 

Place browned deer in a baking dish

Pour the gravy over top and bake!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment