Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Popcorn Balls

I remember when I was really little Mom would make us popcorn balls and we just loved them! 

I haven't had them for years! So I looked up a recipe and gave it a try and they turned out pretty good! 

POPCORN BALLS:
 9 cups plain popped popcorn
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Coat a large heatproof bowl with butter, vegetable oil, or cooking spray and place popcorn in the bowl.
Place sugar, corn syrup, water, vinegar, and salt in a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
 Place over heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture registers 260°F on a candy thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla until melted and smooth.
Immediately drizzle sugar mixture over popcorn and stir continuously with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the bowl, until popcorn is thoroughly coated and cool enough to handle, about 3 minutes.
Using buttered or oiled hands, tightly press mixture into 3-inch rounds. Place on waxed or parchment paper to cool completely, about 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment