Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Cookies N' Cream Cake

Happy Monday!

My mom and her husband came to visit this last weekend so I thought I would make us all a cake to enjoy over the weekend!

I chose this Cookies N' Cream Cake out of the Herreid Centennial Cookbook and it was Fantastic!! Very moist with an amazing flavor!

COOKIES N' CREAM CAKE: (This recipe makes 2 round or square pan cakes)
*1 package White Cake Mix
*1 1/4 C. Water
*1/3 C. Oil
*3 Egg Whites
*1 C. coarsely crushed Oreos (Just throw the WHOLE oreo in a food processor and pulse until crushed)

FROSTING:
*3 C. Powdered Sugar
*3/4 C. Shortening
*1 teaspoon Vanilla
*2 Egg Whites

Combine all ingredients except oreos. Beat until moistened, then beat 2 min on high speed. Gentrly stir in cookies. Put mix into 2 round or square pans. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Cool 10 min. Take out of pants and cool completely. Then frost.

Frosting: Combine 1/2 C. powdered sugar, shortening and vanilla and egg whites, blend well. Beat in remaining sugar until smooth and creamy; frost cake.
The cake batter! Look how yummy!

Fresh out of the oven

Frosted and ready to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment