Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken

Hey!

This chicken is DELICIOUS! I'm definitely adding it to my "List of things to cook When guests come over"!

I found this recipe when I was digging through all my old recipe cards. And I'm so glad I found it, because its a winner :)

We absolutely LOVED it...Tyler told me 3 times that dinner was Fabulous. Ready for the recipe?!

BACON-WRAPPED-JAMBALAYA -STUFFED CHICKEN:
*8 Slices Bacon
*1 Onion, Chopped
*1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
*4 oz. shrimp, peeled, deveined (I used frozen, ready to eat shrimp so all i had to do was heat them up in the skillet)
*1 C. Crumbled Cornbread, (I used a packet of Cornbread mix and mixed with 2/3 C. Milk and bake for 19 min. then crumble and add)
*Salt and Pepper
*4 boneless chicken breasts

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for about 1 1/2 min on each side (only half cooked). Transfer to paper towel lined plate.

Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, cook about 3 minutes. Then stir in the shrimp and cook till heated through. Stir in cornbread and season with salt and pepper.

Cut a slit in center of chicken and fill with the shrimp mixture. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each Chicken Breasts and seal with toothpick.

Wipe out skillet and add chicken cook about 10 minutes on each side, covered. Until chicken is through and bacon is crispy!

I served the Chicken with Twice Baked Potatoes, you can find that recipe here : http://krystinaskitchen89.blogspot.com/2013/08/twice-baked-potatoes.html

**Make extra! you might want 2 :)

Stuffed the chicken breasts with the Shrimp Mixture

Wrap with 2 slices of bacon and cook in skillet.

Ready to eat! Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment