Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sugar Cookie Bars

Hey!

My husband only has about a week left of work here! Monday night he asked me to bake a dessert for him to take with him to work.

I decided to try a new recipe...Sugar Cookie Bars :). My mom gave me this recipe last year, and i haven't had a chance to try it yet! So I pulled it out yesterday and got to baking!

They turned out pretty delicious! :)

SUGAR COOKIE BARS:

COOKIE
*2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
*1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
*1/2 teaspoons Salt
*1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
*1 Cup Sugar
*1 Egg
*1 1//2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
*1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

FROSTING
*1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
*4 Cups Powder Sugar
*1/4 Cup Half and Half
*1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
*Pinch of Salt
*Food Coloring (Optional)

COOKIES: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2-In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt
3-In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar
4-Add egg and mix well.
5-Add Sour Cream and Vanilla Extract
6-Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix well.
7-Press batter into the greased baking dish
8-Bake 17-20 minutes (I baked mine for 17 and the edge pieces were a little crunchy...so might want to do 15-17 min.
9-Set aside to cool 30 minutes.

FROSTING: Cream together Butter, Powdered Sugar and half and half.
2- Add Vanilla and Salt
3-add food Coloring
4-Spread frosting onto bars Cut into squares and Enjoy!!

 Sugar Cookie Bars right out of the Oven

All frosted and ready to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment