Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

THE Perfect Fall Soup--Chicken Gnocchi Soup

OH MY GOODNESS!!!...This soup is Deeeeelicioussss!!! They serve something similar to this at Olive Garden, but Tyler told me this version is WAYYY better!! :) He LOVED it! Its nice and creamy and warms you up on a cool, fall day! Give it a try!!
 
 
You need Potato Gnocchi. It looks something like this. I got mine in the Pasta section at Walmart for $2.50.
Cut up Onion, Garlic  Cloves, Carrots and Celery (I left out the celery)
Chop up 2-3 chicken breasts (Cooked) I used 2.
8 Chicken Boullion Cubes
Chop 1 1/2 C. Spinach
 
Mix Cornstarch with water
 
 
 
The finished product!! yummy in my tummy!!
 
Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
*1 Onion
*2 Carrots
*4 Celery
*6 Cloves Garlic
*2-3 Tablespoons Oil
*1 C. Chicken Broth
*2-3 Chicken Breasts (cooked)
*7 C. Water
*8 Chicken Boullion Cubes
*1-16oz package Potato Gnocchi
*4 C. 1/2 and 1/2 (I didn't have any on hand so instead I used 4 Teaspoons butter and about 1 C. Milk)
*1 1/2 C. Spinach
*1 Teaspoon Thyme
*1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
*1 Tablespoon Sugar
*1/4 C. Water
*5 Tablespoons Cornstarch
*Salt and Pepper
*2 Tablespoons Butter
 
**Chop Onion, garlic, carrots, celery. Pour oil into Large pot. Add vegggies and cook 5-8 min.
**Chop up cooked chicken and add to pot. Pour in chicken broth, 7 C. water, boullion cubes.
**Bring soup to a boil. Add Gnocchi, boil and cook 3-4 min. (Until they float to the top)
**Chop spinach and add to pot. Pour in 1/2 and 1/2, thyme, nutmeg, sugar and butter. Boil
**In small bowl combine 1/4 C. Water with 5 Tablespoons cornstarch. Mix and pour into pot.
**Add Salt and Pepper. Boil and cook! I let it cook for about 2 hours and it got nice and thick and creamy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment