Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fresh Summer Squash

Hey everyone!! I'm baaaaaack :)!

We are getting all settled into our new town and our new house! And I'm back to cookin' again! It feels great :)

We love being back closer to home for many reasons...but ONE reason is for all the fresh garden vegetables we are getting from family and friends!! YUM! My plan is to start our own garden this coming year..I"m VERY excited!

Anyways....we got some Garden Summer Squash this week and I have NEVER tried it, let alone cooked it...can you believe it?! SO I looked on Pinterest for some recipes and I tried 2 :). The first one I tried was Baked. The second one was Sauteed. They were both pretty good! Tyler didn't care for the Baked version. But i LOVED them Sauteed....LOTS of flavoring!!

Here they are!

Baked Summer Squash:
*3lbs squash (I used 2 squash)
*1/2 Cup Butter
*1/2 Cup Onion
*2 eggs, lightly beaten
*1 Tablespoon Sugar
*1 Teaspoon Salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*1 Cup fresh bread crumbs

1- Slice the squash and boil until tender. (About 15 minutes) Drain, and mash.
2-Preheat oven to 375
3- Combine mashed squash, 1/2 of the butter, onion, eggs, sugar, salt and pepper. Place into a casserole dish.
4-Put 2 slices bread into a Food processor. Mix with rest of butter using a fork and sprinkle on top of the squash mixture. Bake 45 minutes.
Slice the squash

Mix the squash mixture

Crumble bread crumbs in food processor

Mash the squash

Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top

......And its ready to eat! 


SECOND RECIPE:

Saute Summer Squash:
*1/4 Cup onion
*1 Garlic Clove
*Squash (any amount)
*1/2 teaspoon Oregano
*Salt and Pepper

1-Drizzle Olive Oil in a large skillet.
2-Add Onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
3-Add squash and cook 8 minutes.
4-Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir together!
5-We didn't have any cheese :( But if you do add some on top! yummy!!



All ready to eat!

The oregano really added a TON of flavor! Give it a try!

Enjoy your week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment