Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

For our Appetizer lastnight...I cooked up some Crab Stuffed Mushrooms! I used to make these all the time when I lived by myself...I think I got the recipe for my mom? These are my FAVORITE! I was a little nervous to cook them for Tyler because he always tells me he doesn't like mushrooms, but guess what?!.........

He REALLLLLYYY liked these!! He said they have great flavor, which they definitely do!! yumm

CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS:

*1 lb large Mushrooms
*1/4 Cup Celery
*2 Tablespoons Onion
*2 Tablespoons Red Pepper
*1/2 lb Crab Meat
*2 Cups Oyster Crackers
* 6 slices White American Cheese
*1/2 Cup water
*1/2 Cup Shredded cheddar
*1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
*1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
*1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
*1 Egg

Was your mushrooms and pop out the stems. They pull out SUPER easy. Place the stems into a bowl. And place the Mushrooms into a buttered baking dish

Chop up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the mushroom stems And add to a large bowl.

Chop up celery, onion and red pepper and Saute in 2 Tablespoons of butter for 2 minutes.

Add sauted veggies to the bowl with the mushroom stems. Chop up the Crab Meat and add. Then Add rest of ingredients to bowl EXCEPT the White American Cheese slices.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap. Then place the Cheese slices on top of the Mushrooms.

Bake at 350 for 15  minutes...or until heated through and cheese is melted!

**This recipe is pretty lenient you can add more or less of each ingredient. Also this recipe makes a ton of the "Stuffing!" So..you can either buy more mushrooms to fill OR put the rest of the Stuffing into a baggie and freeze for next time :)


Just look at these photos!!
Mushroom Caps in baking dish

Mushroom stems 

Chop up the Stems and place in bowl

I used Imitation Crab Meat...found in freezer section by the fish.

Chop up the crab

Add all ingredients to bowl

Fill mushroom cups with a teaspoon of the stuffing

Cover with White American Cheese and bake!

Ready to Chow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment