Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pioneer Womans Calzones and Homemade Marinara Sauce

Happy Easter Week! I LOVE holidays so fun to try new foods and be more creative!
My mom tried out this recipe and said it was AMAZING so she gave it to me and I made it and she was right its DELICIOUS!
These 2 recipes come from Ree, Pioneer Woman. She's a Wonderful with cook with great recipes!
Just an FYI this recipe makes a TON! so if theres only a couple of you I would recommend cutting it in half :)

 
 
 
Recipe for Calzones:
 
*1 lb.Bread Dough You can use frozen (I made mine in the Bread machine )
*1 T. Butter
*1 Onion
*1lb. Italian or Breakfast Sausage
*1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
*1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
*1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella
*2 Tablesoons Parsley
*15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
*1/2 Cup Parmesan
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*2 Eggs + 1 beaten egg
*Pepper
*I also added Pepperonis on the inside of the calzones....If you want supreme just add the veggies to the skillet and cook and put into the Calzone...Be creative! :)
 
Prepare dough and let rise 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400. Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add sausage and cook. Add Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper flakes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
 
In a separate bowl combine ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and 2 eggs. Stir in Sausage mixture.
 
Split dough into little balls and roll out each ball until paper thin. Spoon filling onto 1/2 of dough circle.
Fold dough over and seal with fork. Brush calzone with beaten egg. Bake 10-13 Mintues and serve with Warm Marinara Sauce.
 
Here's the Pioneer Woman's Site for better pictures and her recipe:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/06/easy-calzones/
 
Marinara Sauce:
*Olive Oil
*3-4 Garlic Cloves
*1/2 Cup White Wine OR chicken Broth
*3 Cans crushed tomatoes (I used diced, it worked but it was more runny)
*Salt and Pepper
*Pinch of Sugar
 
Add Olive Oil to hot pan. Throw in garlic and onions and stir. Add White Wine OR chicken broth and cook until liquid decreases by 1/2. Add crushed tomatoes and stir. Add salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer 30 mintues.
 
Very yummmmy!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. hi nice one i like it here is different one http://t.co/YQZZbLN1uP

    ReplyDelete