Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homemade Bread Bowl & Potato Soup

Hey!
Long time no blogging...It's been a busy month!...I got married to the love of my life in February!! Then we went on the best honeymoon ever...PUNTA CANA!! It was a blast, I definitely recommend it!

Anyways, I tried a new recipe last night .. I found the Cheesy Potato Soup on Pinterest from the Lil' Luna blog. http://lilluna.com/cheesy-potato-soup/. And the Homemade Bread Bowls I also found on Pinterest from the Six Sisters Stuff blog.  http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/homemade-bread-bowls-recipe.html
 It was delish....and Tyler loved it as well! He said it was "an extravagant meal" :)

So here's the Recipe!

Bread Bowl: Serves 6 (I cut the recipe in half for the two of us)

*2 C. + 4 Tablespoons Warm Water
*2 packages yeast= 5 1/2 teaspoons
*1/2 C. Butter, melted
*2 Tablespoons Sugar
*3 teaspoons Salt
* 6 1/2 C. Flour

Using a large mixing bowl, add warm water and sprinkle in yeast. Let dissolve for a few minutes until yeast becomes foamy. Add melted butter, sugar and salt and mix until combined.
Gradually add Flour. Knead dough 5 min. PUnch dough down and form into 6 equal sized balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet and let rise until doubled (I let mine rise for an hour and it like tripled in size)
Preheat oven to 425 and bake 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cook and cut off the top of the bread and remove bread from the inside. Fill with SOup!
The finished meal!

Knead dough


I formed it into a loaf to make 3 equal sized balls


here's the dough balls


.....and after they had risen


Just out of the oven!


 
 
Cheesy Potato Soup:
 
*1 package cubed/diced hashbrowns
*2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
*1 can Cream of Celery Soup
*1 pint Half & Half
*1 1/2 C. Cheddar Cheese
*1/2 Butter
*Salt and Pepper
 
Melt butter in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients except cheese, salt and pepper.
Cook on High for 3-4 hours
Add Cheese, salt and pepper.
When in bowl I topped with bacon pieces and cheese!
 
Its very thick and creamy and has a great flavor! :)
 
Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment