Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vegetable Chow Mein

My fiancé LOVES Chinese food! I think he could eat it everyday! So I thought I would try to make homemade Chinese!

I made this chow mein and orange chicken...The orange chicken did not turn out :(
So if anyone has a great Chinese chicken recipe let me know!!
Until then we will make meals out of this AMAZINGLY good chow mein!

Recipe:
*2 carrots
*green pepper
*red pepper
*celery
*8 oz. angel hair pasta
*3 tablespoons oil
*sprinkle of ginger
*3 garlic cloves
*1/4 C. Chicken broth
*1/2 C. Hoisin Sauce (recipe below if you don't want to buy this)
*2 tablespoons soy sauce
*2 tablespoons honey
*salt and pepper
*Onion

1- boil veggies 1 minute. Drain and put in bowl of ice cold water. Drain
2-cook noodles 5-7 min. Rinse with cold water and pay dry
3- Heat oil in skillet, Add noodles, ginger, garlic and cook 2 min. Add veggies cook 3 min. Add broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and honey stir until thick add salt and pepper

Recipe for Hoisin Sauce:
*4 tablespoons soy sauce
*2 tablespoons peanut butter
*1 tablespoon honey
*2 teaspoons white vinegar
*1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
*20 drops hot sauce
*pepper
Combine all and add 1/2 C. To noodles and veggies.

This has an excellent taste to it! Mmmmm!! Enjoy supper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment