Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Hi!
My name is Krystina. I'm marriedto the most amazing man in the world! He treats me like a princess. I LOVE to cook and thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes with all of you!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Have fun cooking!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes

Happy Monday!

I know this recipe may sound kind of crazy to some of you (it sounded crazy to me!) But i LOVE chocolate and I LOVE Bacon…so I couldn't resist giving these a try! Super easy to bake! And they taste yummy!!! They are sweet and every once in awhile you get that extra bite of salty bacon Mmm! Give them a try!


DARK CHOCOLATE BACON CUPCAKES
12 slices bacon
2 C. Flour
3/4 C. plus 1 T. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 C. Sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Eggs
1 C. strong brewed coffee, cold
1 C. Buttermilk
1/2 C. Vegetable oil

Preaheat oven to 375. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners (24).

Cook bacon until browned. Drain, Crumble and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, add Flour, 3/4 C. of Cocoa Powder, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and salt. Stir together. Make a well in the middle then add: Eggs, Coffee, Buttermilk and oil. Stir. Mix in 3/4 of the Bacon. Reserve the rest. Spoon batter into the cupcake liners.

Bake 20-25 min. Cool. Frost with Chocolate frosting (I just used store bought.)Sprinkle reserved Bacon crumbs on top and dust with remaining Cocoa Powder.

Time to try one! yumm! 


I found this recipe in my allrecipes magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment